Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Lessons From Nature; page 47

Gone. All gone.

I had to walk away from it all to save my unborn baby's life - moving 3,000 miles away with my parents and older sister. 

Build. Rebuild. Somehow everything I needed showed up at yard sales or was donated to me. After awhile, all that was lost became mere memories. 

Gone. All gone. I had to walk away from it all when he up and left to marry another woman. I couldn't take any of it with me as I had no place to take it to. Good thing my son was then a man and could take care of himself. Found an old 24 foot trailer to live in. Then got into a hud apartment. Aquired more possessions. 

Gone. All gone. I walked away from it all to move to Texas because the pain of staying where I was became unbearable. 

Gone. All gone. My dignity. My sanity. My family. 

Build. Rebuild. 

Slowly, flower by flower, I watched my life grow into a beautiful garden where I am happy. It takes time to rebuild again in a new place.  It takes time to make new friends. 

Yes, sometimes memories tug on my emotional strings. 

I had to learn to let go of all the pain, rejection, anguish, abandonment, and learn how to live again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below.