Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Rewriting My Life Story

One of many programs I listened to and read about is the therapeutic practice of rewriting your life story, especially if it had been a traumatic one. Here's how mine would begin: 

Once upon a time, I was a tiny egg… fertilized by a sperm. I grew… miraculously… into a human being. (This is the beginning of the first sentence in my book On the Move, Autobiography of a Survivor.

I was loved into existence by a Divine Creator aka Source. Despite what was going on outside the womb, my body developed perfectly in solitude according to its original design. Even if I came in with a belief that I had to be in pain in order to exist, I wouldn't exist if the Creator didn't love me. Even if I came in with a belief that I had to be perfect in order to be loved, I was perfect in the 'eyes' and heart of my Creator.

Life could have been way worse than the one I lived (so far). 
  • I could have been born and raised in a third-world country in a war-torn environment.
  • I could have lived during the holocaust like some of my ancestors did.
  • I could have been harmed by a nuclear explosion.
  • I could have been homeless, living under a bridge somewhere.
  • I could have been raised in a drug-infested slum by drug-addicted or alcoholic parents or been a victim of starvation. Instead, I was raised in nice homes, in nice towns.
  • I could have been sex trafficked, trampled in riots, or any other situation like this. 
  • The physical/emotional abuse was mild compared to what it could have been... even though the trauma dysregulated my nervous system.
  • Financial support programs exist during my lifetime such as social security, disability, Medicare/Medicaid, welfare, food banks, and rental assistance.
It would have been nice if I arrived with an instruction manual on how to deal with the circumstances I agreed to take on, including options for what would provide educational contrast. It would have been nice if I had been conscious of the spiritual committee assigned to me.

Anyway, back to being loved into existence. With meditation, I visualize myself developing perfectly according to the recipe divinely created for me. No matter what I 'see' as thoughts and the stories I made up about these thoughts and experiences, the truth is I developed: 
  • a heart with a circulation system that pumps blood through my body (even with a mitral valve prolapse)
  • five senses (even with less-than-perfect eyesight and hearing)
  • a muscular-skeletal system (even with spina bifida at L5 which progressed to Grade 2-3 Spondylolisthesis)
  • a digestive/elimination system (even with esophagitis, colitis, and food sensitivities)
  • a lymphatic system with a spleen (even with Epstein Barr, adrenal fatigue, and chronic fatigue syndrome)
  • lungs that circulate oxygen and carbon dioxide (even with sleep apnea)
  • a mostly functional brain
  • and more.
According to what I read in the book Earth Angels by Doreen Virtue, PhD, I chose to incarnate as an angel. From the midst beyond, I peered through the atmosphere's window. 


This life was an opportunity to try all kinds of experiences... despite feeling different, separate, and alienated from others.

I eventually learned that everything that happened happened exactly the way it was supposed to. I hereby practice the art of letting go of what no longer serves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below.