Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Calcium Lie II & Glare


First, I wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day. Today, make a commitment to love the most important person in your life. YOU! I introduced the concept of treating your body like it is a garden in my book: Growing An Internal Garden. If your body is a garden, you will take care to provide it with the correct balance of MINERALS.

When I went to see my optometrist to have my eyes examined (I assumed the chronic headaches were due to my glasses being too strong for me again), I mentioned to him about the Winter of Wellness series and the book I read by Dr. Tom O'Bryan titled: The Autoimmune Fix. Dr. Berg told me he read it, has felt much better since following a Gluten Free diet, and asked me if I had read The Calcium Lie. This book was on my reading list, but I hadn't gotten to it yet. However, I figured Dr. Berg's comment was heaven's message that this should be the book I read next. 

The result of my exam? My eyes hadn't changed since last July. (Progressive Myopia has been reversing.) I went next door to Walmart Vision Center, saw a familiar face, and sat down to talk to her. We figured out the headaches were most likely caused by GLARE and the difference between plastic and high-index lenses. Back in July, I decided to buy two pair of inexpensive plastic single-vision glasses vs. expensive bifocals with high-index, anti-reflective lenses. I'll be searching for night driver's to wear over my glasses to reduce daytime glare and hopefully find a anti-glare screen for the laptop I use a lot.

Now for the book. In just the Introduction and first Chapter of this book, I learned how taking calcium supplements for most of my adult life has most likely been the root of just about all my health issues. Wow! Yes, there were emotional/psychological 'programming' components as well, but as for the physical, everything I read in this first chapter clarified many of the unsolved 'mysteries'.

"If you take calcium to strengthen your bones and you already have an excess of calcium in your body, you are signing your own death warrant. Think of it like this: Calcium hardens concrete. Imagine what it can harden in your body! Excess calcium can cause: 

  • Kidney and gallstones
  • Arterial plaque
  • Bone spurs
  • Calcium deposits in tissues other than bones
  • Brain cell dysfunction, brain shrinkage, and dementia"

Years back, when I met the mysterious Stephen King in the post office parking lot (MD, NASA, Chemist), he told me the same thing. He advised me to stop taking calcium supplements... it was depositing calcium in my arteries, joints, and brain. But then I gave in to my doctor's orders to take them again. (I've since changed doctors.)

Our bodies are so incredibly miraculously designed, you see--approximately 72% water & 27% minerals. We are not solid, we are energy--and our cells are electrically charged. This means, unless you have the correct balance of minerals, your cells get confused. No wonder I ended up such a mess! 

By the time symptoms show up, whatever organs are affected are already damaged. Even adrenals and thyroid.

As for minerals, we need complete ionized minerals as well as Sea Salt. Processed iodized salt, which is also added to most packaged/canned food, throws our balance off.

My nutritionist, Ambika, started me off on the right track by 'prescribing' Organa Liquid Minerals (Organa.net). I also bought Himalayan Sea Salt. I still needed to understand why drinking milk alternatives (fortified with Calcium) and Calcium supplements were causing a problem. Many, in fact.

The Lie is that we need calcium to strengthen our bones. We were brainwashed by the commercials "Milk Does The Body Good." Many foods were fortified with calcium, like cereal and orange juice. While all this calcium is going to all the wrong places, our bones are being leached of the minerals it needs. When you get a DexaScan, you are 'diagnosed' with osteoporosis. Then you are prescribed a drug which throws your balance off even more. Two different dentists confirmed the jaw disintegration they've seen.

In the meantime, all the over-the-counter remedies for aches, pains, colds, flu, plus antibiotics disrupt your digestion so you take drugs for acid reflux and GERD--which also leaches minerals from your bones.

Enough of my rant. Buy this book and read it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below.