Monday, December 8, 2014

A Snow White Tale

I like how when I talk to people, I am often surprised by some of the things I end up saying -- in a good way. Wisdom I didn't know I had will come through in the words that I speak. Today I told someone that I had been asleep for 14 years.

Yes, I was dormant for about 14 years while I was on disability, unemployed, and lacked any kind of direction or goals for my life. As I was thinking about this, the Snow White tale came to my mind, and I began to wonder if this experience that I had was what the fairy tale was actually about. Maybe the tale didn't have anything to do with a human Princess and a Prince. Maybe it was metaphorical.

While I was dormant, I was apparently also 'asleep,' just as Snow White was asleep. Perhaps there had been a divine plan for me all along... that I was supposed to sleep for 14 years. But there was also a Fairy God Mother -- a woman I met in a Laundromat one day -- a psychic who told me that I was asleep and that it was time to wake up.

The 'Prince' who came along was the angelic, divine vision I received that sparked the explosion of mental, emotional, and spiritual growth that followed. And the seven dwarfs are the people who have been showing up in my life to take me to the next step of my journey. I have lost track of how many there have been… and if you are one of them, I am forever grateful.

I wonder how many other people are asleep… encased in a glass coffin… and I wonder how many others will receive the gift of awakening. Do you relate to what I wrote here? What are your thoughts? Please share in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. We need the kind of sleep you was in for 14 year. Think about it what would happened if you would wake up years ago. You would not be where you are right now. You would know whet you know now. Like Snow White. If she would be not in this deep deep sleep and waiting for the one special person, she would never know about deep unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many of the same recurring themes in fairy tales. Sleeping Beauty has the same idea of being asleep and being awakened by true love. That's the magic of fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate! Sometimes I've found, when I've been "asleep" (depressed or laid up and recovering from surgery) that has been downtime that was critical and necessary for my evolvement. As one friend put it, "this is God's way of telling you to just stop, be still and listen." Amen to that! Yes, I totally relate to what you're saying. And hey, as with all fairy tales, there's a good ending right around the bend... :). Happy Déjà Vu weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below.